Monday, February 28, 2011

"Compliments to the Cook" - Friend Food Features


I was invited to a friend's house for dinner one night.  Nothing beats sharing good food with friends.  And if it's good enough.. it might even get posted to your friends food blog!  :)

We'll make this a regular post and call it the "Friend Food Feature".

Well, I was invited to participate in a "Plamann Family Favorite" via the fantastic cook, Pamela Plamann.  She was busy at work in the kitchen when I arrived and I could see pasta boiling in the background.  Pam took the time to chill the wine I brought.  Shortly after, she took out the kitchen shears and began snipping away at a stack of prosciutto (Italian cured ham).  Finely cut prosciutto ... hmm ... I am intrigued.

Amidst the chaos of the kitchen... more family walking in, their adorable black lab greeting everyone, and her husband playing with the iPad... I barely had time to notice Pam sauteing the proscuitto.  As soon as it hit the pan, my nose woke up.  "You have to come smell this," Pam said.  But, I didn't have to go far to know that it smelled amazing! 

Taken from a CuisineAtHome.com, here's the recipe for the Plamann Family Favorite.

Linguine with Lemon and Cream
- 8 slices of prosciutto or ham; cut crosswise into strips
- 1 cup of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 tsp of lemon zest
- 1/2 lb dry linguine
- 1 cup of grated Parmigiano
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste

Prepares: 6 cups
Total time: 20 minutes

Saute prosciutto with melted butter in a large saute pan over medium heat.  Add broth and cook 1 minute.  Stir in cream, lemon juice, and zest.  Reduce heat to low and cook for 2 minutes, then season with pepper.  Keep the sauce covered and warm while cooking the pasta.  Prepare linguine according to package directions.  Drain; transfer to the pan with the sauce and stir over medium heat to incorporate.  Off heat, stir in cheese; transfer to a serving platter.  Garnish with additional lemon zest.

Yummmm!!!

I very much enjoyed the time in the kitchen with great friends and delicious food.  My compliments to the cook!!  I can certainly see (and taste) why this is a family favorite.

What are some of your family favorites?  Would you like it to be featured?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment