Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Italian Dining on a Budget

If you live any where near the surrounding area of the Fox Valley and have not yet dined at Victoria's Italian Cuisine...... shame on you!  It has earned my vote for some of the best Italian food I have ever eaten.  A benefit to dining at this restaurant is the guaranteed leftovers; their portion sizes are HUGE!

On a budget?  No problem.  Victoria's offers a "Dinner for 2" option.  So for only $34.99 you and your significant other can fill up on 2 salads, 1 appetizer, 2 entree's and 2 desserts.  Plus it comes with a bottle of wine and a bottomless bread basket.  I ended up with a 2-day leftover from my entree.

My absolute favorite dish at Victoria's is the Gnocchi Giovanni.  I am typically not a fan of marinara sauce unless it's on spaghetti.  Their red sauce on this dish is light and creamy.  The gnocchi is always perfectly tender and well seasoned. 


I've been to Victoria's several times, even before moving to the Fox Valley.  I still have yet to find a dish that I do not enjoy.  Many of my friends also recommend anything with their "white sauce" or the alfredo.  Yum!

Dessert?  Well, I have to admit that I am not very enthusiastic about their tiramisu (my favorite type of dessert).  As a reader you probably know that I am oddly lacking a sweet-tooth.  So I am very glad to have found a new favorite dessert ... Creme Brulee!


Wow!  Eating the Creme Brulee was like licking the floor of heaven.  Absolutely delicious.  I have never eaten a sugary treat so fast.  The crust could have been a little thicker but other than that... I was very impressed with this custard.

Dine in or order out.  It can be done on a budget.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment