Friday, June 17, 2011

Flashback Friday - Thai This

Flashback Friday



In college and while I was first living on my own, Thai rice became a staple in my diet.  It was quick, cheap and easy.  My love for this salty, sweet and spicy meal has continued into my late 20's and even my husband enjoys it now.  This recipe is also a family favorite... my Mom and sister, Megan, will often request this if I offer to make them dinner.

I shared my recipe late last summer and gave some tips on delicious sauce options.  This recipe is perfect for any single people or anyone living alone.  It can also feed up to 4 people and the leftovers aren't too shabby either.

It's not fancy and it's certainly not expensive to create.  You can pick your favorite vegetables or meat to mix with the rice.  The given recipe is definitely not the one and only way to make this dish.  So if you are a fan of pineapple, cilantro or water chestnuts... feel free to incorporate those to your liking.

Here is your "Flashback Friday" pick of the month... Spicy Peanut Thai Rice from September 2010. 

Enjoy and thank you for reading.  Have a great weekend.



We could all use a hint of more time.
Copyright 2011 Hint of Thyme.  All right reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment