- 2 packages of broccoli slaw, rinsed and drained (usually found by the pre-packaged lettuce)
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- 1 cup of scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 TBSP celery seed
- 1/2 cup EVOO (Extra virgin olive oil)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
In a separate bowl... whisk the sugar, EVOO and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing and almonds over the broccoli slaw right before serving (otherwise you will have a soggy slaw). In a large serving bowl, mix the broccoli slaw, cranberries, scallions and celery seed. Serve and enjoy.
It has been a while since I've followed a full recipe, but this one looked too good to change. I found the recipe for "Balsamic Sauce" in the Cuisine At Home magazine - "Cuisine Tonight: Grilling". It will impress the heck out of your guests. Plus, you're allowed bragging rights to say, "I made the BBQ sauce myself".
It was very easy. Mix the ingredients together and stir. Brush the chicken after it has grilled about 10 or 15 minutes and is no longer raw. If you put the chicken on a skewer... be sure to leave space between the chunks of chicken so that they grill evenly.
She was a good helper.