Friday, July 29, 2011

Taste of Thai - A Local Favorite


Have you ever avoided a restaurant just because the exterior was not appealing to the eye?  When I worked downtown Appleton, I passed a restaurant every day on my morning and afternoon commute.  I absolutely love Thai food but this particular building did not appear to be inviting.

Several friends and colleagues have praised this restaurant and their delicious entrees.  One evening we decided to give it a try. 

Taste of Thai is located downtown Appleton, near the Lawrence University campus.  After experiencing incredible Thai food while visiting Plover (read that review here), my standards were set fairly high. 

The interior reminded me of the restaurant scene from the movie "The Sweetest Thing".  It is your typical Asian restaurant with a full-service bar.  You can also place orders for pick up.  My only criticism would be the awkward chairs that restrict your arm motions; which is kind of important while dining.

We started the meal with "Fresh Salad Rolls" served with a peanut dipping sauce.  It was amazing.  The crunchy texture paired very well with the sweet and salty sauce. 

Our server was extremely prompt, reactive and aware.  I asked her for an entree recommendation.  She suggested the "Volcano Chicken" which is the most popular item on the menu.  The server also explained that orders can be created on a spicy scale; 1 is not very spicy and 5 is the spiciest possible.  I took her suggestion and ordered a level 3.  Next time, I will order at level 4.

I would give Taste of Thai an overall score of 8 (out of 10) on my scale.  If you are looking for authentic ethnic food... check out Taste of Thai.  The service is outstanding and the food is exceptional in flavor. 




We could all use a hint of more time!
Copyright 2011 Hint of Thyme.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment