My husband, Jon, would probably eat anything that included bacon or potato. If your man is anything like my husband, I suggest giving this recipe a try.
If you've ever ordered from Toppers Pizza, then maybe you have seen a Potato Pizza on their menu. The concept of putting potatoes on a pizza does seem strange at first. After the first bite of my recipe... you will completely change your mind.
Get ready to send your man's taste buds on a trip. Guaranteed to please the male tummy!
Prep time: 15 to 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 to 12 minutes
Mara's Bacon & Potato Pizza
- 1 roll of store bought pizza dough (I used thin crust)
- 8 slices of bacon, diced (Healthy Option: Use turkey bacon)
- 2 medium russet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 a medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 TBSP of EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1/2 TBSP of dried Rosemary
- 1/2 TBSP of dried Parsley
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup of Colby Jack or Cheddar Cheese, shredded (Healthy Option: reduced fat cheese)
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: Sour cream or BBQ for a topping or dip (per the suggestion of the husband)
We'll break the pizza down by layers.
Step 1: After you have very thinly sliced the potatoes... add them to a non-stick saute pan and cook until fork tender or golden brown. Make sure that the potatoes are separated and each one has been browned. In the mean time, slice the onion and dice the tomato.
Step 2: Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Roll the pizza dough onto the baking sheet. Add the EVOO, rosemary, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper directly to the pizza dough.
Step 3: After the potatoes are done cooking, add them to the pizza crust.
Step 5: Add the cheese. Bake at 425 for 10 - 12 minutes.
Step 6: Serve and enjoy. The optional toppings or dips are suggested above.
This is obviously not the healthiest choice for a meal but it's something that my husband enjoyed very much. I hope that you man enjoys this recipe just as much as mine did.
The best part of this recipe is that it didn't take much time. I served it with a salad on the side. After all, we could all use a hint of more time. :)
Copyright 2011 Hint of Thyme. All rights reserved.