Friday, May 20, 2011

Flashback Friday - Comfort Foods

"Flashback Friday"



Let's be honest, when we are looking for a dish to bring comfort and wrap us in loving, tasty goodness... we don't say, "I totally need a spinach salad to comfort me today".  Although I love me a good spinach or leafy green salad, I do not turn to the produce drawer on a day that requires comforting. 

What is your ultimate comfort food?

Typically I will make my favorite variation of home-made macaroni and cheese, but one of my other favorite comfort foods is pizza.  Obviously these choices are not as healthy as a spinach salad BUT that's exactly why it's called comfort food.

There are so many different kinds of pizza's.  America has managed to take an Italian tradition and turn it into their own greasy empire.  So despite how much you love the BBQ Chicken, the BLT, and the Philly Cheesesteak... this post is all about a "flashback" to some traditional white pizza's on Hint of Thyme.

Last summer my sister came to visit and I felt obligated, as a cook and her loving-older sister, to entertain her bored taste buds with delicious white pizza's.  This "Flashback Friday" is a tribute to the pizza that we can guarantee will comfort you when needed. 

Check out the Non-Tomato Sauce Pizza post from September 2010.  We hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as we did.  It is quick, easy and of course... full of comfort.  We could all use a hint of more time. 

Copyright 2011 Hint of Thyme.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment