Friday, September 3, 2010

Non-Tomato Sauce Pizza's

Although I am trying hard to branch out and explore new food creations... my love for pizza and pasta is undeniable. It really is fun for all in the kitchen when creating a new pasta or pizza recipe.

My sister and nephew came to visit a few weeks ago. My sister has been suffering from flavorless food, my prescription for it was 2 new pizza recipes. Megan and I usually go with our standard BLT Pizza recipe (which I can give you the recipe for that some day too if you want) but I wanted these ones to be different. Walking around the grocery store aisles.. I was quite honestly not sure what to incorporate into the second pizza. A little browsing and a little running around and we were set.

Don't get me wrong.. I enjoy a pepperoni pizza as much as the next. But, if you are a meat-only on a pizza kind of person.. then these recipes may not be for you.

Rosey's White Pizza
- Store bought pizza crust (Pilsbury or something)
- 1 clove grated garlic
- 2 TBSP of Olive Oil
- Half of a thinly sliced tomato
- 1 cup of roughly chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup of toasted pine nuts
- Thinly sliced fresh mozzarella cheese (This can be found in the dairy section - depending on the store. I'd recommend the kind that comes in water.)
- Salt and pepper

Place pizza dough on a cookie sheet or pizza pan. Combine the grated garlic and olive oil, then spread over the entire pizza dough. Toast the pine nuts until the have golden brown color and start to look oily. Distribute the other ingredients and mozzarella cheese. Bake at 425 for 10 to 12 minutes.


Pesto Artichoke Pizza
- 1 clove grated garlic (Optional)
- 2 TBSP of Olive Oil
- 1 Small Jar of Artichokes - Chopped (I have a thing against certain veggies in a can so if you'd rather by a can.. that's fine. It can be found by all the other canned foods)
- 2 TBSP of pesto (I think I found this by the Italian cooking items - i.e. spaghetti sauce)
- Half of a thinly sliced tomato
- Thinly sliced sweet onion
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Chicken Breast - Chunked (Optional)
- Salt and Pepper

Place pizza dough on a cookie sheet or pizza pan. Spread the mixture of olive oil and garlic over the entire pizza dough (if this is too much garlic for you, it's okay to leave it off). Apply a thin layer of the pesto over the dough. Distribute the other ingredients evenly over the dough and spread a thin layer of mozzarella cheese over the top. I recommend a thin layer so that the cheese does not overtake the other ingredients. Bake at 425 for 9 to 12 minutes. 


The mixture and combination of all these flavors are just phenomenal. If you are allergic to tree nuts (included in the pesto) or do not like garlic.. it is perfectly fine to leave those out of the recipe. I did not use chicken on the pesto pizza but, that was my husband's suggestion to anyone that needs to have meat on their pizza. 

I hope that you enjoy these pizza's as much as we did. Have a great Labor Day Weekend, readers!

1 comment:

  1. I have never had white pizza. But your recipe looks great. Will have to try this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete