My sister and nephew came to visit a few weeks ago. My sister has been suffering from flavorless food, my prescription for it was 2 new pizza recipes. Megan and I usually go with our standard BLT Pizza recipe (which I can give you the recipe for that some day too if you want) but I wanted these ones to be different. Walking around the grocery store aisles.. I was quite honestly not sure what to incorporate into the second pizza. A little browsing and a little running around and we were set.
Don't get me wrong.. I enjoy a pepperoni pizza as much as the next. But, if you are a meat-only on a pizza kind of person.. then these recipes may not be for you.
Rosey's White Pizza
- Store bought pizza crust (Pilsbury or something)
- 1 clove grated garlic
- 2 TBSP of Olive Oil
- Half of a thinly sliced tomato
- 1 cup of roughly chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup of toasted pine nuts
- Thinly sliced fresh mozzarella cheese (This can be found in the dairy section - depending on the store. I'd recommend the kind that comes in water.)
- Salt and pepper
Place pizza dough on a cookie sheet or pizza pan. Combine the grated garlic and olive oil, then spread over the entire pizza dough. Toast the pine nuts until the have golden brown color and start to look oily. Distribute the other ingredients and mozzarella cheese. Bake at 425 for 10 to 12 minutes.