Monday, December 26, 2011

Resolutions Beyond The New Year - Low Cal Food

For those of you that are starting a new workout or diet plan on January 1st... this post contains 3 excellent diet foods that you are sure to love.

I am a firm believer in making lifestyle changes instead of jumping on the latest "diet trend".  I also believe that you should exercise and choose a diet/lifestyle plan that fits you best.  Some people choose to count carbs, cut out high fats or join a gym.  Personally, I have been counting calories and doing an interactive workout plan at home.

As part of my recent lifestyle change, I am happy to share low-cal foods that I love.  Be sure to pick these up on your next grocery trip.


Skinny Cow - Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream
Calories = 150
Weight = 5.8 oz
Price = $1.22

I am the typical woman and sometimes get a craving for chocolate.  I ate this small container in 2 sittings.  This made for a great low-cal desert.  Assorted flavors are available.




Weight Watchers White Cheddar Cheese Wedges
Calories = 1 wedge, 30 calories
Weight = 4 oz container
Price = $2.25

This is a great low-cal snack for those mid-day cravings.  Pair with Reduced Fat Wheat Thins (16 Pieces = 130 calories).  I do not participate in Weight Watchers but they do have a lot of food options that work with a low-cal diet.



Lean Cuisine - Fajita-Style Chicken Spring Rolls
Calories = 3 rolls, 200 cal
Price = $2.00

I really like eating the spring rolls for lunch.  The box comes with 2 servings of spring rolls and 2 heat jackets.  So it can provide you lunch for 2 days.  Pair with an apple, veggies and/or a yogurt.  It makes for a great low-cal lunch and will keep you satisfied for the afternoon!


I wish you all a very happy and healthy new year!




Copyright 2011 A Hint of Thyme. All rights reserved.

* Images taken by Mara D.

No comments:

Post a Comment