Thursday, October 7, 2010

Ugh vs. Mmm!


When I was a kid, I can remember the torture and pure pain of trying to survive vegetable night at our kitchen table.  Mom would bring over a microwaved dish filled with plain.. boring.. dull.. disgusting vegetables.  There was nothing worse than a microwaved piece of broccoli.  It was smelly and chewy... and food like this should just be banned, in my opinion.

I longed for the days of having my own kitchen - in which I could control the outcome of dinner. Chocolate cake?  Sure!  Carmel apples?  Why not!  Reese's peanut butter cups?  Even better!  Well those desires have come and gone.. and obviously I do not serve chocolate for dinner (although my husband would love that).

Instead.. I have learned ways to dress up vegetables.  Don't get me wrong... I love vegetables.  If you know me then you also know that I'd rather have a plate of lettuce over chicken any day.  But, with age comes wisdom.. and with wisdom comes delicious food.  Let's face it.. God put flavor into the world and taste buds into our mouths for a reason.

So for tonight's dinner.. dress up your veggies!  Need some ideas? ... Stay tuned!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment