Saturday, January 1, 2011

My Food Journey of 2011


Although I do not believe in making a "New Years resolution".. I do believe in healthy change or improvement.  I think it's perfectly acceptable to set a reachable goal that becomes a habit and not a chore.  So, I will practice what I preach.

I always strive to make new recipes and attempt to cook something that I have not tried before.  The purpose of my blog is, of course, to do all of this on a limited budget that won't take 5 hours to prepare.  I will maintain the budget and quick-fix meals while also trying new dishes.  So this is my change of 2011... I am stepping out of comfort zone and my readers will be invited to read about this journey.

This means stepping away from one-pot meals, creating deserts (I don't bake, keep this in mind), finding unique sides or meats, and learning from it all.  Through this new food journey I will likely make mistakes and I will share my failures. The point of all of this is not to stray away from the main goal but to also learn something in this process.

So, wish me luck as I set out on this new journey.  New ingredients, new ideas, new dishes.  Are you ready?  :)

As always, your tips and suggestions are welcome.  I invite you to leave a comment below.

Happy New Year, readers.  May God bless you in this new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment