Friday, December 24, 2010

Family Christmas Appetizer's


Well, Merry Christmas to my faithful followers and readers.  I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!


"She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins." - Matthew 1:21


When I think about having Christmas with my family and with my in-laws.. I automatically think about the delicious food that will be served.  What does your family serve for Christmas?  Some of my families most favorite appetizers are...


Christmas Appetizers 

- Spinach dip with bread and rye chips
- Red Crab Meat dip
- Smoked Oysters (hey, don't knock it until you try it)
- Cookies made by Mom
- Shrimp and Cocktail Sauce


Every year I make a special request for my Mom's spinach dip - it is served cold, not hot.  I really enjoy the crunch from the water chestnuts and dipping rye bread in it.  Here is a quick fix if you would like to try it for a special family gathering.


Spinach Dip
- 16 oz of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 package of vegetable soup mix
- 1 can of water chestnuts chopped
- 1 container of frozen spinach, drained
- 2 tsp of lemon juice


It's just that easy!!


I hope that you all have a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment